Friday, September 2, 2011

Speedometer cable removal

This is a job I could have accomplished a year ago, if I'd just gone looking.

Here we have the end of the speedometer cable, where it passes through the body support and connects into the side of the clutch housing. The blue tape wrapped around it here is obviously not factory spec. :/


After removing the small bolt holding the cable end on, the cable itself comes out with a fair bit of wriggling. It takes a while due to the slippery fluids present and the tape that slides up the cable itself while attempting to get a good grip.


Cable removed!


A closer shot of the taped-up end. I've no idea why this tape is present - once I clean things up and get that tape removed, I'll have a better idea. I'm guessing I'm going to need to replace this cable in the long run, though.


No comments:

Post a Comment