Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Still nada!

I'm hoping the Merc actually got hauled into the shop today. It's been just over two weeks since I had it towed down. The delay has been in waiting on a carburetor rebuild kit to arrive.

I just ordered service manuals on CD from the MB Classic Center. Those will be invaluable once the time comes to start in on the car in earnest.

While on the phone with Tom at the MBCC (who I imagine I will be talking to quite a bit in the coming months, heh), I also ordered a couple of small goodies - the MB logo emblem that mounts on the top of the front grill, and the spring required to hold that piece down. I knew I'd need these bits eventually, so I figured I'd go ahead and order them now.

The logo emblem on that car has been missing for I don't know how long. I recall my parents having purchased two or three over the years - and every time, some weasel would steal it off the car. They finally just gave up and quit replacing it.

I've also got a line on part of the passenger side heater box assembly that I'll eventually need... waiting on a bit of confirmation that it's compatible with my car (which I'm 99% sure of) before pulling that trigger.

No comments:

Post a Comment