Thursday, December 3, 2009

Waiting sucks. :)

I know it's going to take at least a week until the Merc is running again - assuming this shop is successful in getting it running. It shouldn't be a big worry.

But I'm itching to get it back!

I had a weird revelation the other day, when the tow truck guy was finishing up securing the Merc on the flatbed - I have *never driven* this car. Ever. I rode in it many times as a child - but my parents had quit driving it by the time I was old enough to drive. I learned to drive in my mom's crappy 1979 Mustang - Worst. Mustang. EVER.

So, assuming the shop gets the car running... driving it back home will be my first time behind that wheel.

In other news, the last piece of the wood dashboard pieces I bought arrived last night - the main top dashboard piece. The finish is shot, like the other smaller pieces, but it's in good structural shape, which is the main thing.

Today, someone on the Ponton group posted about an eBay auction for a heater box, that was in really good shape - a minor bit of damage that is fixable. Sadly, it turns out to be for the driver's side - and I need the passenger side unit! I feel like Charlie Brown trying to kick the football right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment