Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Waiting still sucks.

I spoke to the guy at the shop today. He's still waiting on the carb rebuild kit to show up.

We also chatted about the gas tank. He may well take the tank out, and have it hauled up to another shop in Longmont (next little town north, about fifteen minutes away) to have the tank worked on. It may well have some rust on the inside, which isn't good as said rust can come off and then get into the carb.

This other shop apparently will clean the inside of the tank out using some sort of acid, and then coat it with a plastic-like substance. Kind of a lifetime seal sort of thing. I figure, it's probably for the best - I want to be able to drive this car for the foreseeable future, so anything that's going to remove a possible breakdown issue down the road, I'm for.

That said, I may well be looking at another week or two (augh!) before the car's even remotely ready.

I also spoke to my cousin (who had the car for a while) today. Turns out he's got a part I wasn't aware of - it's the Merc-logo cap that sits in the center of the steering wheel. (There's a decent pic of the steering wheel in an older post.) The cap that's in the wheel now is pretty well cracked - I figured this would be a semi-costly piece to acquire. Not a worry anymore!

He also tells me now that he thinks the clutch is starting to go on the car... guess I'll find out once it's running again.

No comments:

Post a Comment