Monday, December 21, 2009

Still still nada. :/

Went by the shop again - one day shy of *three weeks* my Merc has been sitting out in that parking lot. And it's still there.

Chatted with the shop owner, who was just pulling up as well. He tells me that the place he ordered the carb rebuild kit from, turns out they had the wrong kit, and it's now taking more time to get the right one. He and his mechanic are doing the Christmas vacation thing shortly as well - and won't actually wheel the car into his shop until *next* week.

A couple of bits of progress, though. Yesterday, with the help of one of my neighbors, I got my workbench/hutch and some wall-mount shelving finally set up. It took two folks to get the hutch up, as it's very large and unwieldy. I tried doing it by myself, and nearly lost my head as the thing toppled over, right *over* me, and slammed on my garage floor, narrowly avoiding hitting my 4runner. It did snap one of the horizontal support pieces, but that's minor.

And, just a few minutes ago, I got in a package from MB - the service manual CDs, and the MB-star hood ornament I ordered last week.




The CDs are handy right now. After I got the shelving up, I started shuffling car stuff that was sitting on the garage floor (in small boxes) over to the shelves. One part I found, I realize I think I know what it is - it's flaps that are part of the heater box assembly that I messed around with a couple of weeks ago (see older post titled "Heater Box"). May well come in handy.

No comments:

Post a Comment