Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Rear end rubbery bits.

Yesterday I ordered a rear axle boot kit (a split boot, easy to go on, no major disassembly required). It should be here Monday. Plan is to get the shop to put it on before putting the gas tank back on - it's much easier access to that area without the tank.

Lots of other rubber bits in that are, the bushings along the thrust arms, pivot related pieces, etc. I've been poking about in an old dealer parts book (a PDF! How handy) and the website of this one parts supplier for older Mercs. Some bits I've found there, other bits, I'm not sure what to look for on their site. Everything is named a little differently.

One fellow on the Ponton Yahoo group suggested replacing all the rubber back there, which was my intention from the start - I'm now trying to see if there's a complete set of those rubber bits available somewhere in one kit. Have to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment