Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Boots and Boxes

Yesterday, the split boot kit for the rear axle came in. Hooray! Today I hauled it down to the shop. The shop owner told me he expected to have the car back in on the rack on Thursday, to put the tank back on, and he'd get the boot set up at that point.

I was hoping the car would still be up on the rack, as there was a bit in a photo that Doug (one of the Ponton group folks) noticed, and I wanted to take some better photos. Alas, the car is in the parking lot again. I'll just trip back down on Thursday, once it's back up on the rack, and take photos then.

But, this was an opportunity for another photo op. A few weeks ago, I bought a replacement heater box off eBay. It's a plastic reproduction, that came without any of the other attached hardware. One of the pieces that attaches is a plate on the rear end of the box - a piece that appears to be used to attach that end of the box to the car itself.

I had found some of the other hardware from the original, decomposed box - the flap assembly - but not this piece. I suspected this other piece was still on the car - and sure enough, there it is.


You can still make out some small bits of the original cardboard. The rivets and such attaching it to the body itself are tough to make out, due to the sheer amount of gunk and grime there. Yecch.

1 comment:

  1. Hi

    Please let me know if you need any measurements or anything according to the heaterboxes.

    Dag.

    ReplyDelete