Friday, November 27, 2009

Black Friday = deals on tools!

Did a bit of poking-about on the internets a couple of days ago, and found that Sears was going to have a LOT of Craftsman stuff on good sales for Black Friday. Picked up a 204-pc mechanic's tool set and a 3-ton jack/jack stands/creeper set, both at 50% of normal. Mwahahha.

I've mentioned my neighbor Frank a couple of times. As it turns out, his brother Edward just rolled into town, and is staying at Frank's place for the duration. Edward is even *more* into car restoration than Frank, and apparently has a lot of time on his hands... so I imagine I'll be roping him into helping out a fair bit.

I showed Edward the car last night. He thought the job wasn't going to be that big a deal - that the car is in really good shape, considering. I hope he's right! It seems like a monster project to me, but I've never tackled anything like this before. I'm trusting in his judgment...

I'm now waiting on a couple of packages... 1) the wood dashboard pieces, and more timely, 2) a package from my cousin with the necessary key to open the gas flap. Going to need to get to the gas tank to drain it, once I get the car towed down to the shop early next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment