Saturday, November 21, 2009

A few more goodies.

One of the issues I had with having the car transported out from Atlanta to Denver was the locks/keys.

There were some items - specifically, the hubcaps and a set of fitted luggage - that I would have liked to have come out with the car. However, the trunk lock is currently broken, and I didn't want to risk putting this stuff in the trunk, and having some yahoo decide to go poking around.

Locking these items inside the main passenger area was also not an option - as it might be tempting for someone to just bust out a window (which with the exception of the front windshield, are all original) to get at this stuff.

So, I opted to have my cousin hold onto these bits, and I'll be picking them up and bringing them back with me when I make a roadtrip back to Atlanta for Christmas.

I had my cousin-in-law take some photos of the hubcaps and the luggage today, though.




The luggage is pretty neat. It's a set of four pieces, built to fit within the trunk. The larger two identical pieces stack flat on top of another in the back of the trunk. The smaller, normal-shaped piece sits on the trunk floor, in front of the stacked pair - and the smallest piece sits on top  of that, with the angled side facing up and out; it's angled so it can fit within the remaining space and underneath the curved trunk lid. The trunk had two sets of leather straps with buckles, with which to strap the whole set down once set in place. I'm told sets of this luggage in good condition can fetch around $1000.



While at the grocery store a while ago (fetching more kitty litter with which to soak up the massive oil spill in my garage), I ran into one of my pool league teammates. The conversation eventually rolled around to the car, and my plans to try and get it running sometime soon.

It turns out this fellow is a mechanic. He starts going to town telling me what I ought to do; I had to stop him, telling him that I don't know the first thing about what he's talking about - at least not yet. I said "You should come by and see the car!" - both because I think he'd get a kick out of it, and because he might just be able to help me get the sucker running again. Who knows? He's got my number now, and lives just around the corner, so hopefully soon he'll give me a call and come by.

No comments:

Post a Comment