Wednesday, November 25, 2009

I've got wood...!

Well, I've got wood ordered, at least.

I just worked a deal with a fellow (Thanks Doug!) to buy some of the wood dashboard pieces from him. Getting replacements for the main dashboard piece, and the two end pieces that sit below (with the vent controls).

Fortunately the rest of my dashboard pieces are in good condition. The plan is to take the lot somewhere and have them stripped and refinished, so that everything is consistent.

Getting these pieces is a bit load off my mind - the wood parts are about the toughest bits of these cars to find, as there are no replacements to be had - the only way to find them is to take them off other cars.

I've also decided on a shop to take the car to next week to see about getting it running. Oddly enough, it's just a few miles from my place!

No comments:

Post a Comment